Apply to the Dream Fund
Apply to the Dream Fund
The Dream Fund gives organisations the chance to deliver the project they have always dreamed of, but never had the opportunity to bring to life. We are asking charitable organisations across Great Britain to think big, be ambitious and collaborate with other not-for-profit partners to deliver their dream project.
Dream Fund 2018 will open for applications in July.
Updated funding themes and guidance notes will be available from our website in June.
The Dream Fund will allow charities to apply for up to £1,000,000 to deliver their ‘dream’ project in Great Britain (Scotland, England or Wales) in 2018-2020
Successful projects were announced in January 2017.
You can read about the previous winners of the Dream Fund here.
- Applications must be innovative, creative and original, and present projects that are a genuine ‘dream’.
- One of these organisations MUST be a registered charity and be the lead organisation for the project who enters into a contractual relationship with the Trust in order to deliver the collaborative project. The main grant contact must be with this organisation.
- The other partners can be charities, voluntary groups, community interest companies, universities or other not-for-profit organisations.
- Please note that we have restrictions regarding income levels of applicants. The lead partner in any application must have an annual income that is at least two times the amount applied for.
- For example, if you are applying for £500,000 then the lead partner’s annual income must be at least £1 million in the last audited accounts.
- If you are applying for £1 million then the lead partner’s annual income must be at least £2 million in the last audited accounts.
- There is no maximum upper limit regarding the annual income of applicants.
- The minimum amount charities may apply for is £500,000.
- We encourage applicants to think big and be as creative as possible when submitting their application. If you have an idea for the Dream Fund it is always worth contacting the Dream Fund helpdesk and seeing if your project is suitable before applying.
Dream Fund Guidance Notes (please note these will be updated for Dream Fund 2018 and will include new funding themes. Check back in June)
THE DREAM FUND HAS A THREE STAGE APPLICATION PROCESS:
Applicants submit their proposal through a simple online application form. Applicants provide the following details:
- A brief description of the organisations who are partnering
- A project description
- Details of why the project is a ‘dream’ project
- The amount of funding requested
The most impressive, exciting and original projects will then be shortlisted and asked to apply via a formal online application form.
Stage 2 applicants will then be shortlisted again and the very best entries will be asked to attend our offices in Edinburgh to give a formal presentation on their project to the Dream Fund Assessment Panel.