Apply to the Dream Fund
Apply to the Dream Fund
The Dream Fund is now closed for applications. If you have submitted an application we will be in touch with a decision by September 21st.
The Dream Fund gives organisations the chance to deliver the project they have always dreamed of, but never had the opportunity to bring to life. We ask charitable organisations across Great Britain to think big, be ambitious and collaborate with other not-for-profit partners to deliver their dream project.
Learn more about the Dream Fund by watching the introductory video....
- Applications must be innovative, creative and original, and present projects that are a genuine ‘dream’.
- Applications must come from a partnership of at least two charitable organisations, one of which will be designated as the lead.
- The lead partner organisation MUST be a registered charity. The main grant contact will be with this organisation.
- The other partners can be registered charities, voluntary groups, community interest companies, universities or other not-for-profit organisations.
- Local authorities and public sector bodies are NOT eligible to apply, either as lead or partber organisations
- Applicants are eligible to apply ONCE per funding round, either as a lead or a partner organisation. This restriction also applies to organisations that have multiple branches, e.g. different branches in Scotland and England.
- Please note that we have restrictions regarding income levels of applicants. The lead partner in any application must have an annual income that is at least two times the amount applied for.
- For example, if you are applying for £500,000 then the lead partner’s annual income must be at least £1 million in the last audited accounts.
- If you are applying for £1 million then the lead partner’s annual income must be at least £2 million in the last audited accounts.
- There is no maximum upper limit regarding the annual income of applicants.
- The minimum amount charities may apply for is £500,000.
- We encourage applicants to think big and be as creative as possible when submitting their application. If you have an idea for the Dream Fund it is always worth contacting the Dream Fund helpdesk and seeing if your project is suitable before applying.
THE DREAM FUND HAS A THREE STAGE APPLICATION PROCESS:
Applicants submit their proposal through a simple online application form. Applicants provide the following details:
- A brief description of the organisations who are partnering
- A project description
- Details of why the project is a ‘dream’ project
- The amount of funding requested
Stage 1 is open for applications on Monday 16th July.
The deadline for Stage 1 applications is Friday 31st August at 5:30pm.
The most impressive, exciting and original projects will then be shortlisted and asked to apply via a more detailed application form.
Stage 2 is open from 24th September until 31st October.
Stage 2 applicants will then be shortlisted again and the very best entries will be asked to attend our offices in Edinburgh to give a formal presentation on their project to the Dream Fund Assessment Panel.
The Stage 3 presentations will be held in January. If you advance through to Stage 2 please reserve these dates in your calendar.
Successful awards are announced in March.